CBR1100XX.org Forum

Blackbird aerodynamics

arcticflipper

can anyone tell me why when facing the bird, looking at the headlight, the left hand fairing looks different than the right.

The left side has a airscoop at the bottom, while the right side does not?

Is it supposed to be like this, or do I have 2 different fairings combined into one.

All the parts fit 100% though.

:?: :?: :?:

can anyone tell me why when facing the bird, looking at the headlight, the left hand fairing looks different than the right.

The left side has a airscoop at the bottom, while the right side does not?

:?: :?: :?:

You must have a northern hemisphere model.

The southern hemisphere model is reversed with right side airscoop on the bottom! It has something to do with the earths rotation and wind direction :roll: !

Ok so now that we've established that it is normal, what is the reason for this?

I'm a bit slow when it comes to aerodynamics, has it got to do with the fact that it somehow balances out the bike - earth rotation etc, or is there something that needs cooling down?

:oops:

I think it's primarily a styling que. The left side (as you're sitting on the bike) has the stator cover hanging out and breaks up the acreage of plastic, but the right side has nothing like that. I think it's just a way to make it visually lighter and not so slab-sided.

JasonW wrote:

I think it's because the exhaust header runs down that side.

correct... I asked the same question 3 yrs ago

Come on, don't pull my leg !! That is obviously not correct !!

I agree with BDAZ XX on the Earth's Gravitational, Hemispherical Polarity thing myself. Sounds much more logical to me :wink:

Exhaust Header runs down that side .......jeeeess.....I bet then the next thing will be said is it has something to do with Heating or rather Cooling as well ??