CBR1100XX.org Forum

Tank protector -

Newt

I'm looking for advice or recommendations of a carbon fiber tank protector. Does anyone have any that they would recommend or steer clear of ?

Thanks -

Greg

...I have the MagKnight carbon fibre "look" protector. I don't have issue with the tank protector itself, but I think the carbon fiber "look" leaves something to be desired... If I had it to do over, I'd go with the gloss black on my black 'Bird. The other... well, it's just cheesy looking. :oops:

From what I can tell, the CarboTech products look first class. Do you have any experience with the fit ? That is what I'm most concerned with.

I hadn't considered gloss black - I'd kind of assumed the look of carbon fiber - real or not - would look pretty good on a black XX. I think I prefer the real CF if I can get it and it fits well -

I still think I like the thought of carbon fiber - but I'll only really know if I get one. That looks like a nice unit -

BTW, your avatar kind of gives me the creeps.....

That looks great - I like how it looks against the yellow.

I'm all ears for install tips - unfortunately, I leave for six weeks in Orlando tonight and won't get to install it until I get back, so if you have any advice you can give me before I have it in hand, I'd really appreciate it -

Thanks !

Greg

I've got an ART carbon one and it's BEE-YOOO-TEE-FUL. Fits great too. I can offer some installation suggestions when you get it.

17242999-M.jpg

Matey where did you get yours? Jaws? unfortunatley Jaws told me he cant get them anymore so I need an alternative source! mine has faded too much

Greg

If you can locate one in Miami, let me know and I will pick it up for you and send it up to you in Orlando if you like

I live just north of Miami or you could probably get it shipped directly to you in Orlando

What ever.....If I can help let me know.

Thanks John -

I appreciate the offer, but I've got one on the way. I do plan on spending some time looking around at bike shops in Orlando. I really wish I could have my bike down there while I was there !

Thanks again -

Greg