CBR1100XX.org Forum

EBC BRAKE PADS

TFT

What's the best quickest source for brake pads?

I ordered them through the local stealer 13 days ago and I just found out today they are being "barged" to Alaska. Stupid motherfuckers!!!!

I am in San Francisco and can get them at a local shop and UPS them to you. Let me know what part number you want as there are a couple of EBC applications for the XX. Parts plus the shipping may be more than the stealership, but they may arrive quicker. Let me know, I leave saturday for a 10 vacation on the XX.

I should be able to get you a set within a week, pending my distributor has them in stock.

EBC # FA261HH $27.73 per set + $3.85 priority mail.

Kaleb

Highside Cycles

970-219-4051

Guest rockmeupto125

Your call. As I said in my PM to you.....I can get them out, or you can grab some other brand locally.....cuz the Gold Wing uses the same pads.

Or......have you changed them before? Have an old pair laying around with a little bit of pad on them yet?

Tom, if you're desperate, I'll pull the pads out of my wrecked XX and overnight them to you.

If you are, I know where there is one.

However, I have to put a rotor on the bike, so you'd need to send me your damaged one.

That goes for anyone, actually... if you've got something busted on your bike that you want me to swap out, PM me, and I'll get you a replacement off of mine. You pay shipping both ways, though. :wink:

I'm keeping the damn migs.

The question is, whether I replace the Migs with my perfect stockers, or whether I put the Kerkers on there and claim them as aftermarket exhaust. I figure I can get $450 from the insurance company for them, the policy pays up to $1000.

I've got 3 corbins, and only need 2 (Smuggler and a GF/Lady for 2up) So, I can replace my Smuggler with the crappiest of the corbins, or a stock seat. I figure I'll put the worst of the Corbins on it, and claim that as aftermarket as well, hopefully I'll be able to get another $250+ for it.

I'm pulling my Wilburs and replacing it with Stock. I may see if they'll pay to have the handle on the Wilburs replaced, as it's scratched up.

I received the EBC HH brake pads from Joe this morning and immediately installed them.

WOW!!! What a difference!!! :shock:

The rear pads were definitely shot!!!

I have never changed the brake fluid so this will be on my to do list. It probably needs it by now.

Thanks again Joe for helping me in my time of need. :D

I have never changed the brake fluid so this will be on my to do list. It probably needs it by now.

:D

Tom, Do you have a Mity-Vac to change / bleed the brake fluid? I bought

one after reading Warchilds post a while back and I must say----

It's the shiznit!!!!! I paid 29 bucks for it. Worth every penny!!

Makes the job so easy.

My .02 cents

Cal

• 1 year later...

Tom, I replaced my pads (front & rear) with the OEM Honda pads

a couple of months ago, and while adequate, I was just wondering

if you could tell an improvement with the EBC pads, and if so, which

EBC part number did you go with? Of course, if your old pads were

already shot, it would be difficult to make an objective comparison.