CBR1100XX.org Forum

Air- Duct Fitment and Questions

arcticflipper

I've picked up that the trim on the Bird isn't lining up correctly.

After closer inspection, it looks like the air-scoops / ducts is not installed correctly. I don't know what it is supposed to look like, but mine are not 100% alligned with the holes on the front fairing...

I think these should actually fit 100% with no open holes etc for air to flow past.

Now the big question:

Is there a easy way to fix this, or do I have to strip the side and front fairings off the bike and then reseat the airvents - ducts - scoops?

Has anyone ever had to do this, and how long should this take.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Is there any tips to make life easier with this?

Guest rockmeupto125

So your air ducts aren't lining up with the fairing?

They are hard to put correctly in place. You'll have to unbolt the side fairings from the upper, unbolt the upper, move it forward, reset the ducts, and refasten everything.

You MIGHT be able to get away with just unbolting the upper from the support frame, taking the upper mounting bolts out of the lower fairings, and moveing the whole assembly slightly forward. That would require bending the plastic a bit, so I can't recommend it. But it might work.

Sometimes I'll put the bird back together and notice I don't have the ram air snorkel lined up properly with the hole in the nose. I simply put my hand in the hole in the nose and pushed and wiggled the snorkel until it popped into place.

Sometimes I'll put the bird back together and notice I don't have the ram air snorkel lined up properly with the hole in the nose. I simply put my hand in the hole in the nose and pushed and wiggled the snorkel until it popped into place.

+1. A bit of jiggling and wiggling and usually I can find the spot where the air duct is supposed to sit, without having to remove all the fairings again.

I tried all that wiggling and jiggling and couldn't get it to budge. I had to remove the cowl from the lowers and the upper support stays to get it to pop back in.

Also, that little hatch under the chin pops in and out easily and with it out it makes a convenient little hole for you to line the ducts up with the intake holes.

I've managed to get them in again, the problem I found was that there are push bobbins on the side fairing that the airducts click into, they weren't and therefor the entire air-duct system was loos.

This then pushed the inside top panels of the fairing away from the fairing.

I had to take the left, Cowl and right panels off, also had to take the panels around the tank and around the clocks off to get to these.

They are hidden away under the front cowl, and clock fairings / linings...

The front airduct holes still does n't match up 100% but I think the previous owner never found the problem why all the body panels doesn't fit right, and therefor made a plan ...

It looks like the airducts were modified, thus they do not fit 100% when the hole system is installed correctly....

Thanks a lot for the help..