CBR1100XX.org Forum

What steering geometry do you like?

silverbird1100

I think I have mine pretty good but I'm curious what works for other riders. I've added 4 mm of actual ride height in back and my forks sit at 43mm. (Stock is 39) With new tires and the usual 30-35mm of sag it feels pretty agressive but not sure how much it too much. I got the front wheel nice and light and tried to induce a bit of head shake, it remains quite stable. Is this good indicator on a long heavy bike?

Be sure to mention your sag and weight and spring rate 8)

Shimmed 6mm out back (18 after the the linkage), dropped 5mm in front, 35mm sag front and back, 215lbs+gear.

1.0kg/mm spring in front (should have got 1.05's, I had to load the hell out of them to get the sag right), Ohlins in rear, not sure of spring rate.

Never a hint of any instability. Steers waaay lighter than stock.

I like mine steep. I've got the front dropped about 7mm and the rear raised up. I don't know the exact amount I've raised the rear because of my adjustable linkage, but the rear tire is touching when it's on the centerstand even with the front dropped. Handles like a much lighter bike.

I weigh 230 lbs. before gear, have the 1.0 Wilbers front fork springs and run 5 weight oil, and the Wilbers 641 rear shock (like Redbird, I don't know the spring rate). I still have to mess with my sag since the spring swap but usually like my sag at about 30mm.