CBR1100XX.org Forum

Hi all - Newcomers questions

Ant

Hi guys,

I got a '97/98 (I think) Blackbird recently (Jap import) and I've got a few questions you might be able to help me with.

The orange indicator light with the ( s ) on - Is that a sidestand indicator warning? If so, then why the hell is it going on and off willy nilly? Or, if not, should I be worried?

Its got a "R's Gear" Wyvern 4-1 system, which from what I can gather, is pretty good (sounds it too). Does anyone have any experience of this system?

There's about 24,000 km on it so far (I'm assuming that's accurate!), and it runs great, are there any problems which might surface in the not too distant future? (I'm doing up to about 15,000 km a year.)

Thanks in advance guys. :D

Guest rockmeupto125

Ant......I've never heard of an R's Gear or Wyvern anything.

"S" is the sidestand light. Take care to make sure your boot is not contacting the sidestand. Sometimes without the left side exhaust, your boot can push the sidestand down and activate the light. If that's not the case, start checking connections in that area.

There are no known issues at that low mileage. Any machine needs proper and regular maintainance, but the things to keep in mind for your low mileage machine might be the cam chain tensioner making noise, and that your charging system is in good shape....but no worries. Mileage is still pretty low on it to have any problems.

Thanks for the reply Rock,

I think it's a problem with a loose switch/connection - I'll start looking there- thanks again :)

The exhaust is titanium pipes/carbon can made by R's Gear in Japan - The model is a Wyvern (price 198,000 Yen / 1750+ Dollars).

I can't seem to post a picture, so I'll post a link:

http://www.rsgear.co.jp

Translated by Google:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...2005-25,GGLD:en

Cheers again mate.

The Wyvern is supposed to have a nice sound and quality build. Actually, there are quite a few specialty shops that do the titanium bending by hand, and R's Gear is one of them. It goes a long way towards explaining how they cost $1000 bucks when discounted down, and are about 7 pounds light...

:?

I've seen them go used on auctions for $600 - 750, less with scratches from friction with asphalt...