CBR1100XX.org Forum

Michelin pilot power

Mr dos equis

Hey guys I wanted to toss this question out there for anyone that has used the new Michelin pilot power tires. I have been running the Pilot sports and been very very happy with them. Great in the rain, excellent grip in the dry, come up to temp fast and very predictable. Seems like they are doing away with them and using the pilot power tires which are supposed to be even softer compound yet have the some longevity. Can any one who has had both comment on this? I normally get about 4500 out of a rear and 7k out of front. I'm not one of those guys trying to get 10k out of tires and sacrificing grip so I'm not overly concerned about mileage except I take a 3-3.5k mile trip once a year and don't want to get caught out with a bad rear. I've also thought about the pilot roads and rode a beemer with a set the other day for about 250 miles. They seemed OK but they were on a RS and it was draggin hard parts all over the place. It's no XX so it's hard to compare how the roads will work on a bird. All info as usual is much appreciated.

That Avatar is fooking gigantic!!

I ran a set of Pilot roads and got 9k out of the rear and 12 out of the front. My last Road rear got 6500 but I had a few burnouts mixed in there :oops: I now have a Pilot Power rear tire and have only 1400 miles on it. It is sticky as shit. I gummed it all up on the roads around SeXXt. Bubble Gum soft here...I can put an imprint with thumbnail when warmed up soft. Not sure how long it will last, I only have had it for a week and put 1400 miles on it. If I can get close to 5k out of it, I will be switching to Powers :wink: BTW..Local dealer sold me the Power rear tire for 128.99 :P

Griffxx ask your girl if I'm trying to compensate ...hehehehe And yeah it's not an XX although I do own one, it's better it's a 51. Anywho I love both bikes

but I didn't have any XX pics on my work box to fool with so I tossed up the 51. Thanks for the feedback JB, does it show any signs of wear at this point??

I'm probably going to order them but I figured it would be worth asking the forum folks.