CBR1100XX.org Forum

The Bridgestone BT54 Tyres

flipy351

You've got a source for BT-54 in our sizes?

I thought they were only available in BMW OEM sizes.

I used them once in 2000. I got 12k miles on the front and 6k miles out of the rear.

I was disapointed with having only 4/32nds brand new on the front.

I won't get that mileage now, I'm much more agressive.

You might be better off with the stock BT-57's.

Needing new tyres im after milage and tyres that do not have tread grooves in the middle that shows up how much tyre is worn.  

Any comments about these tyres please?

TIRE

Salesman at Bike shop said Bridgestone has just recently rereleased them to compete against cheap chinese imports. Bridgestone has priced them low to under cut the cheapies. Yes I Australia you can get 180 55 zr 17 in the BT54s was shown them on the shelf ready to fit. Here front and rear cost $335 other tyres for our bike f&r around $480.

tyres that do not have tread grooves in the middle that shows up how much tyre is worn.

A mate put some cheap Shinko Stealth radials on his VFR800. No groove in the middle. Almost look like slicks. They are great in the dry but can not disperse the water very well due to no grooves in the middle.

Whate state in Australia are you in? If NSW I can give you details of where to get cheaper tyres.

tyres that do not have tread grooves in the middle that shows up how much tyre is worn.

A mate put some cheap Shinko Stealth radials on his VFR800. No groove in the middle. Almost look like slicks. They are great in the dry but can not disperse the water very well due to no grooves in the middle.

Whate state in Australia are you in? If NSW I can give you details of where to get cheaper tyres.

please do - I run between sydney and newcastle. Where do you have in mind? Usually run pilot powers

The shinko tires are a real good tire, well if you drag race and don't do any road riding with them. They have a U shaped carcas that puts down a massive contact patch and the lack of grooves means more rubber on the track.

Im in Queensland Bundaberg. So if you know any good places up here let me know. Also I occasionally get down to Sydney so if you could give me the tyre place location I might be able to look them up next time im down there.

Here its mostly dry. when it rains its a gusher and clears within 24hrs.

You know the saying sunny one day and perfect the next. Thats why I dont want the tread in the middle.