CBR1100XX.org Forum

Anyone make a single sided High Pipe for the Bird?

Jaygermeister

I'm looking for a single sided High Pipe set up for the XX and can't seem to find one............. any clue???

This set up looks bad ass on the Bandit!!!!

bndt_highpipe_k1_main.jpg

I've been keeping my eye out for a high-mount single or double for some time now too...I've looked at renegade, like them ok, but are a bit pricy, and am not sure of the sound.

These TSR's are even worse! They want 158,000 Japanese Yen. According to Yahoo Finance's current conversion rates, this equals $1448.74 USD!

OUCH! :bitchslap:

Isn't there someone out there who knows somone with an exhaust pipe bender. I'm wondering if we can get a group buy on something like this? Or am I just watching too many episodes of "American Chopper" and "American Hotrod"? I know the biggest upfront cost of doing a piece of custom works is the R&D and setup of the machines. But if we had a few guys/gals interested in getting the pipes bent, it might be reasonable? This way too, everyone would be able to use their choice of sliencer if the pipe was made a bit on the longer side, so folks could cut them according depending on the length of their sliencer.

But maybe with all the work involved the costs here would get too high after chroming the pipe, working any adapter pieces for different sliencers, etc...

Any thoughts?

P.S. Sorry for the thread Hi-Jack

My brother-in-law has an exhaust bender at his shop. I asked him one time about custom pipes but that was from the headers all the way back and he said that it'd take waaaay too much work to be worth my while. But if we were just talking about from the collector back it might be feasable. I'd need the layout for him though. Does anyone have any specifics in mind? Length, what degree bands and where, etc.

My brother-in-law has an exhaust bender at his shop.  I asked him one time about custom pipes but that was from the headers all the way back and he said that it'd take waaaay too much work to be worth my while.  But if we were just talking about from the collector back it might be feasable.  I'd need the layout for him though.  Does anyone have any specifics in mind?  Length, what degree bands and where, etc.

Just find a set of high mounts and measure them :wink:

Yea, I second that. If anyone has a set of MIGS that aren't mounted and could ship the mid pipes up for measuring, good things might happen. Might be more costly, but stainless would be a better choice of material.

These TSR's are even worse! They want 158,000 Japanese Yen. According to Yahoo Finance's current conversion rates, this equals $1448.74 USD!  

OUCH! :bitchslap:

TSR systems are titanium pipe with titanium or carbon cans. Mucho expensive because the quality is tops and the material is costly.

IMO, you will blow much more than that fabricating a system that is highmount, performs well (not the best, mind you...), and has half the build quality.

The cheapest solution is mentioned here, get a standard system and get the last pipe reconfigured for highmount.

J Red's right about the price. All titanium header pipes will run you bookoo bucks. The only other company that offers a FULL titanium system for the bird is Ti Force I believe and the price is comprable to the TSR system. Light costs money.

J Red's right about the price. All titanium header pipes will run you bookoo bucks. The only other company that offers a FULL titanium system for the bird is Ti Force I believe and the price is comprable to the TSR system. Light costs money.

TSR is substantially cheaper, or can be had that way. Tiforce systems have been on ebay for 900 odd delivered, retail is 1100/1200 for titanium/rainbow titanium. An exhaust airfreighted from Japan (TSR), despite being light, will probably cost a few bucks.

But the Tiforce isn't a high can...

My brother-in-law has an exhaust bender at his shop. I asked him one time about custom pipes but that was from the headers all the way back and he said that it'd take waaaay too much work to be worth my while. But if we were just talking about from the collector back it might be feasable. I'd need the layout for him though. Does anyone have any specifics in mind? Length, what degree bands and where, etc.

Just find a set of high mounts and measure them :wink:

I had thought about trying to find just the right side of a Mig High Mount system and fusing it to my Erion system........... just somthing I have not seen yet!