CBR1100XX.org Forum

Which 2 cylinders for the right hand exhaust

TAPnTXs

Guest rockmeupto125
It is hard to tell with the piece that combines both before it divides into 2.

I think you've summed it up pretty well yourself.

Yes, I am trying to lean that side a little, I installed D&D slip-ons, and the right side seems to be a lil Richer (more soot on the exit of the pipe than the left side. I just installed a Power Commander, and was going to try the Cylinder Trim function to see if I could lean it up just a tad.

Todd

Guest rockmeupto125

The point is....all cylinders mix and vent to both sides. Whatever happens to the "swirl" that brings a different caste to your exhaust is not necessarily present in all bikes, and may very well depend on your PC and pipe combo.

I have the same set up and noticed a little more soot on my right side as well...not sure if you could manually tweek any of the PC functions and have that much of an impact...might as well break down and spend the money to have it dyno'd, that way you will know for sure it was done correctly.

I think the reason you are seeing more carbon on the right side can is because there is actually more exhaust flow out of the right side can versus the left can.

The Honda header collects down the right side of the bike and then splits. The path of less resistance is up the right muffler and that is where the majority of the exhaust flow is. The left one also gets a bunch of exhaust but still slightly less than the right.

That's my thought at least!

...If you look at the where they all come together and go into 2 to go to the cans, you will notice that the right side pipe is shorter and bents less... Seems to me that this would make the right side want to flow more exhaust out of it... making more soot there, because of more exhaust going through...

BTW, my '97 does the same thing...

Also, you'll also notice the same thing on cars with fake dual exhaust... the side that's the straightest has the blackest tip...

Mike

Thanks for the help guy's, I am going to get the bike dyno'd and have the custom map made for it. Can anyone recommend a place in the DFW area!!! Thanks again for the help!!!

Todd

And to Quote Eric Cartman " I Love You Guys"

I think the reason you are seeing more carbon on the right side can is because there is actually more exhaust flow out of the right side can versus the left can.

If you were in the southern hemisphere the left would blow more exhaust out! Due to the earths rotation, placement of the moon in the sky and gravity! :lol: