CBR1100XX.org Forum

Front Fork Innards

ericsh

:idea: Alright you Ghurus, I've got a question? Will the innards of Hondas new 919 with its 43mm forks and adjustable preload and compression damping fit the Blackbird?? :?: Looks like this is an evolution of the Blackbird fork. I wonder what the cost would be versus shelling for Racetech, etc.?

Inverted forks just aren't worth the effort or cost unless you're having to replace the forks anyway. I could think of better things to do with a couple grand for forks.

True but if you could just throw a set of RR forks off ebay on the Bird, you could probably do it for pretty cheap. But im guessing you can't just mount the forks on the bird without spending money on some modifications??

You need the upper and lower tripples, clip ons, front brakes with lines and master cylinder, front wheel, front fender, and delink the existing brakes. If you just start with forks, it'll still take you quite a bit of money just to get them on and working. A good doner bike is what you need to salvage the whole front end setup.