CBR1100XX.org Forum

Flat foot!

LoneWolf

So the Bird got a flat foot today, roofing nail. Not surprising with all the contsruction going on around here.

Old tire had a couple thousand left in it so I plugged it with a gummy worm and rode home.

Now I am looking for new shoes and I want to try out the Conti Road Attacks, they look good, I have read Dale's thread on them and many others yet am still willing to give them a try, at least compare them to the Avons.

I read here that the front Road Attack is made in Korea?? and the rear in Germany. So I wrote the USA rep. Greg. His reply was quick and he stated that the Korean plant specialized in the kevlar belted tires and the Geman plant in the steel belted tires. Front Road Attack is Kevlar and the rear steel belted as evident in the FJR photo.

So those of you on the Road Attacks, would you buy them again?

I bought Dales tires, ran the rear bald, got a new one free, and now looks like that rear will be toast at 3500 miles.

Contiforces next.

Thanks Pete, that's what I am looking at. With the way I ride I was not sure the Road Attack would last. I hear good things about the Contiforces, look forward to your post.