CBR1100XX.org Forum

What I learned this weekend......

Dion

I learned that the XX's petcock is NOT vacuum actuated :oops:

I learned that if you pull a NIK and over tighten the front fender bolts they tend to not want to come out ever again :oops:

I learned that Craftsman bolt extractor kits cost 50 bucks but work quite well. :D

I learned that the Speigler kit was really not a big deal to install. Just compare the fittings on the line you just took out and the orientation is fairly easy.

I learned that if you use a large cresent wrench on the 3-way manifold for the front when you tighten the lines and then bolt it onto the bike you don't have to grind that nub off the delay valve.

I learned that the two larger speed bleeders fit the rear caliper and make bleeding the system a piece of cake.

I learned that the other 5 speed bleeders don't fit anything :?

I learned that teflon tape solves the air leak problem around the stock bleeders.

I learned that by going to stainless lines and a bigger bore master cylinder I'll have to adjust my front brake technique 8)

All in all it took a day and a half to take the body work off the bike(because I was too ham fisted) and a half day to get the lines on and bled.

Oh, one more thing I learned, Sears was giving 10% off this weekend and had the fridge we were looking for in the clearence room so if you don't want to spend the money don't call the wife :roll: Walked in looking for a bolt extractor and walked out with it, and a fridge, and a stove and a dishwasher.

Guest rockmeupto125
Walked in looking for a bolt extractor and walked out with it, and a fridge, and a stove and a dishwasher.

Yikes! Payback's a bitch, huh?

pics.....

Walked in looking for a bolt extractor and walked out with it, and a fridge, and a stove and a dishwasher.

Yikes! Payback's a bitch, huh?

pics.....

Actually the stoves for me 8)

Stove

Got this for about half price :D

Fridge

With free delivery

I think he wanted pics of the wife, actually....

:lol:

All in all it took a day and a half to take the body work off the bike(because I was too ham fisted) and a half day to get the lines on and bled.

A day and a half! :shock: Dude, call me next time. I could have had all the body work off for you in no time.

Ken

A day and a half! :shock: Dude, call me next time. I could have had all the body work off for you in no time.

Ken

It actually took about 15 minutes to get the body work off. it was the 2 over torqued fender bolts that took the rest of the time. :oops:

When I went to remove the left front Linked brake actuator, I stripped out the two M8x32 allen wrench bolts. I got pissed and grapped the vice grips and a torch and headed the bracket and unscrewed them. I guess the locktite did not want to come out. I had to order two new bolts.