CBR1100XX.org Forum

Tire Mounted Wrong Way - 50/50 Chance

bhanxx

My godkid had new Pilot Powers mounted up by shop on his SV650. The rear was mounted right way, the front the wrong way :roll: .

How serious is this? I think very...

I told him to take back to dealer and have them replace tire and mount it right. He bought the tire off the internet.

Suggestions please...

It matters, but it is not a huge deal. We flip tires around all the time at Brainerd to get the wear out of both sides (Brainerd eats the right side of a tire but leaves the left alone, only 3 lefts, the rest are very hard on the right). Take it back, have it remounted. Their fuck-up.

MaXX

It happened to me, same setup too, rear was right, front was wrong. The kicker was, the arrow on the wheel and arrow on the tire were lined up PERFECTLY so it took me a whole 2 seconds to spot it. I showed it to the guy I know up there and you should have seen his jaw drop. They fixed it right then. I used to not check them until I got home, but now I check everytime I have one done.