CBR1100XX.org Forum

VFR bars with pre-load adjustable risers, and Galfer lines

ericsh

:oops: How did you get the image to work? I've followed the instructions?? For future reference that is. I'm still a novice at this.

Chris, you left an extra in there, I fixed that for you. Don't fuck it up again.

ericsh- you had some extra text in the URL, also you need a space between your text and the "" tag.

Here is an additional view of the installation: It does clear the stock windscreen by 1/2 of an inch! :) Notice the upper bleed valve on the Galfer kit. P.S., this kit was ordered with 3" longer lines and everything fit perfect (unlike the Spiegler lines). I was able to bleed the system without a pump using the SPEEDBLEEDERS which were recommended by cyclebrakes.com - that was a good call for ~$4.00 a piece. Made the job very easy for one person.

normal_P1010128.JPGnormal_P1010127.JPG

These are wonderful one way bleed valves that have a thick teflon like substance already on the threads to prevent air and fluid leakage. I will replace every nipple with these I am so impressed! :idea: They are only around $4 a piece with our discount at cyclebrakes. Allows you to do this job yourself. Eric

Still have not decided - I've been waiting for you to give me that "low-cost" option! Seriously, after I get my Wilbers .9 springs and change the fork oil to 2.5 wt, I will make a decision. I will probably end up re-valving with RaceTech next year unless someone comes up with a "Do-able" low cost fix(with plenty of pics). I am pretty handy fixing shit so I'm willing to take on a project with a known/predictable outcome(like great front end handling qualities). So far there is a vast improvement in comfort with the bars extended and a Corbin saddle. I just got back from a 250 mile run with short stints up to 120MPH, and no more sore arms/back. I'm 5'7" and 150 lbs. Next stop - improved fork compliance! :wink:

Alright. I'll try to put together some pics with some hints on how not to make the same mistakes I initially did. Just be patient with me as time is hard to find lately.

I also need a place to host pics since I haven't put any up on the board since Photo Island went down.

Greg

edited to add: Just now saw the photo sticky. I've been away for awhile... :oops: