CBR1100XX.org Forum

Garmin Quest Mounting

Dano

I've got the Quest GPS.

Got the new motorcycle mount with the external power and earbud wiring.

Was wondering what anyone else has done for the final mounting to the bike. I was thinking stemstand mount. Suggestions....

Thanx Dan

I just purchased the same unit, i'm going to mount it off of the clutch master cylinder resevoir. Im on my second version of a homemade mount since friday. I just painted the last one yesterday so i should get it installed tonight. I'll post some pics

Herb

Just put on my homemade mount it can pivot back and forth and tilt. Height can also be adjusted a bit by loosening the set screws and slid the arm up and down. The arm can be dropped out leaving just the mounting plate on the resevoir.

dscn02212ws.jpg

dscn02233lp.jpg

dscn02223xw.jpg

Herb, have I ever mentioned that you're the man? You take the whole "do it yourself" thing to whole new levels.

Very nice work, wish I could do stuff like that.

Thanks Man .. I try .. I grew up in a welding shop on a farm, and if you wanted somthing you made it or waited a long time . I still have trouble buying stuff i can make, cause i learned to enjoy making stuff a long time ago . I work with computers and data for a living now and i find good to work with somthing you can heat , bend,hammer and file now and again.

If someone had production machines they could be made real quick.

I used a lathe to bore the hole but you could do it on a drill press. Other then that it just a lot of grinding and thinking . The pivots and rod are stainless cause i had it and you can't really paint the inside of the pivots.and the plates are just .125 by 2 mild steel.

Herb

MY buddy was just over measuring up my mount, we are going to laser cut a couple of the plates out of stainless and i will make the other parts. Eventually we may cut an xx logo in the top plate. If I am able to produce a few mounts is any one interested in them. I'm not sure of the price yet , but i'm thinking around 50-70 bucks.

What do you all think ???? :D

That's a great price for that mount. I'd jump on it if I wasn't all set in that area.

I'm guessing you could use the platform to mount damn near any GPS you wanted. Or satallite radio, MP3, ect.

i went with the clutch mounted ram mount. Not real happy with the tilt adjustment, but it is sturdy.