CBR1100XX.org Forum

Mag-Knight tank protector

Master Of Pain

Does anybody else have one of these? I got mine, and I have to say that this has to be the shittiest excuse for a refrigerator magnet that I've ever seen. I have zero luck with proper fittment - and the areas around the upper part of the "wings" have torn. I'm really considering returning it and telling them to shove it. Has anybody else sucessfuly installed this thing?

Yes. Of course I took advantage of our "cool" summer weather to let it heat up. It took some fidgeting, but got it to come out pretty good. However, it is not a perfect fit. I have had mine for about two years and it hasn't torn yet.

I just got mine off ebay for 25 bucks. Must say I'm not impressed either. It's okay, but if I paid the 80 bucks for a new one it would be going back. I got it just to have another look for the tank besides my LP bra.

Maybe a bagster will pop up on ebay cheap.

This one was put on in February of 2004 with the help of a hair dryer. I've ridden it 9000 miles through both winters and it adsorbed a lot of road grit and abrasaion from my various riding suits.

I have not moved it except to peel back the right side wing after a "Real Biker" siphoned some gas out of my tank for his Harley. The paint underneath still looked new.

No tears so far.

MK2.jpg

MK4.jpg

Guest Jetpilot5
Has anybody else sucessfuly installed this thing?

Yup, mine is the silver picture on their website. It's been on for 15 months and 15,000 miles now, no problems. It was fussy to fit however. It needs to be in exactly the right spot and get it really hot (1200 watt hairdryer) to get the right fit. Paint looks fine underneath.

CBR1100%20XX%20SILVER%201.JPG

CBR1100%20XX%20SILVER%202.JPG