CBR1100XX.org Forum

bike covers

revlimitbounce

Thrilling topic, I know, but anyone have good things to relate on which are the best bike covers? Found Dowco and Nelson-Rigg so far. I think Dowco's been around since Moses was a baby....

Thx,

rev

I use a cover from E-Z Touring. It has lasted a long time and the folks were great to deal with.

They didn't have a CBR1100XX specific cover when I got mine in 1998 but they may now. I got the "sportcoat" version and it fits width wise good if you fold a mirror in. Length wise is near about perfect.

has anybody used the stretch cover from Geza Gear? I've been thinking about one of these for at work in the garage. Ass holes will just hop on peoples bikes to try them out. I think thats like just hopping on your wife or girlfriend. You should ask first.

has anybody used the stretch cover from Geza Gear? I've been thinking about one of these for at work in the garage. Ass holes will just hop on peoples bikes to try them out. I think thats like just hopping on your wife or girlfriend. You should ask first.

Around here, that's a pretty good way to get beaten to a bloody pulp.

I have the Geza. Nice product, good quality and excellent fit IMO. Ordered from their website and had it within a couple days. They will try to sell you the towable one for twice as much money though....... I'm happy with the standard. The mirror booties look like scuba boots, but everything fits snug :D

I have a Geza too. I've had it for 2 or 3 years and like it. My only complaint is that they are a little pricy. (Yes, I bought the high dollar one :oops: )

Dowco is a good cover. Mine lives indoors, but I like the cloth lining over the windshield and that it fits "right" on the bike. No sags or obvious issues. Priced good too.

What is the primary use of the cover ??

If you leave your Bird outside like I do then the best cover to have is not actually a cover but a small rigid tent. Get a "BikeBarn" ! they work perfectly never touch your bike and keep it well protected. Easy to use and very durable. I have had mine for 4 years now and looks like new.

check it out :

http://www.thebikebarn.net

What is the primary use of the cover ??

Primarily when in a dusty garage, though on long overnight trips when I've fitted the Givis, I'll take the cover along so it may see a little weather.

Thx,

Rev