CBR1100XX.org Forum

Avon 49/50 B? Opinions?

jblackbird2000

Hey Folks,

Anyone running Avon 49/50 yet? If so any opinons?

Also, if you go to Avons website, and use their "fitments" link (l love UK-speak) to size a tire to the XX, you get a recommendation of a 49B/50B. I checked the specs of the 49/50 vs. the 49B/50B, and everything seems to be the same. I also checked the usual tire websites, (swmototires, tiresunlimited) and I haven't been able to find any "B" designations for sale.

Any thoughts on this "B" product? Is this something I should be concerned about?

Thanks,

Jay

According to Avon, the B model is for heavy, high-speed, high-horspower bikes.

In 20,000+ miles of using Avons, I found absolutely no difference between the B and the standard model, mileage or otherwise.

I'm currently running Pilot Roads, BTW.

There are some differences in the carcas and thickness of the tire itself. The "B" rated tire has a carcas that doesn't produce as much heat at sustained high speed. I think swampnut tried them and prefers the non "B" rated tire. I'm running the 45/46 combo in the non "B" rated tire and haven't had a single problem out of them.

I'm running the 45/46 combo also, almost 800 miles on the set and diggin'em! No discernible wear in the center and very progressive and stable rollover in the turns. Highly recommended so far, we'll see if they wear as well as my buds say.

Be warned there has been problems in the UK with Avons for the XX, bad batch or something, guy on ixxra had them fitted last week said the bike rode like shit and ended up with the rear blowing out after only 100 miles. he has gone back to bridgestones.

Iain