CBR1100XX.org Forum

SW Mo-Tech Luggage Rack

For those of you want hard saddlebars for your XX but also want a nice clean look when they're removed, look no farther than the removable luggage racks from SW Mo-Tech in Germany.

These racks accomodate the mounting of GIVI, Kappa, Hepco&Becker, Shad, Krauser, Bieffe, Nonfango, Alu-Koffer, and Benzinkanister hard side cases.

I can remove my Givi E360s and the mounting racks in less than 20 seconds using only a 13mm wrench. Actually, it's so easy to remove the rack that I usually remove it with the side cases still attached and just set them aside.

20036173526111696002799.jpg

The only real change to your bike will be moving the stock turn signals a bit outward and downward using the included mounting brackets. If you have flush mounted signals, you won't even have to bother with this step.

20036175308117054731042.jpg

To install these brackets, the rear cowling must be removed

so that you can unplug the turn signal wires from the

connectors located beneath the PGM-FI UNIT. Then, remove the

turn signals from the rear fender.

Install the supplied turn signal brackets and reconnect the

turn signal wires beneath the PGM-FI UNIT. Reinstall the

rear cowling and you're done with that step.

The rear cross support bracket fits perfectly behind rear fender and only

needs one additional hole to be drilled in order to accept

the mounting bolts.

20036176974192327943584.jpg

Note the condition of the Metzeler MEZ4 with 5,000+ miles of wear.

Once this step is completed, install the mounting lugs that fit alongside the grab rail and tighten the bolts.

Then install the mounting lugs to the front bolt hooks and muffler brackets. It's best to leave these a bit loose until the rack is installed.

20036174993917150722961.jpg

Put the side racks together per the instructions and then install them into the mounting lugs and cross bracket. This puts everything into the correct position for easy removal and installation later on.

Just tighten the four mounting lugs and you're finished.

When you want to restore the original look to the bike, just remove the racks and go riding.

I purchased mine from http://www.riderhaus.com but they are also available at a somewhat higher price from http://www.twistedthrottle.com

If you're worried about security, there is a key lock available and I believe that there is a top rack for those who should be riding a Wingabago and pulling a trailer instead of riding a XX :grin:

ok im interested. :grin:

How much did you pay for it?

This is one of the only reasons I haven't bought bags yet. I want to be able to go back to original easily.

Which givi bags do you recomend? I was looking on the site and saw the deluxe E360. :cool:

Is there somewhere to get them cheaper? :grin:

I understand that Riderhaus is not accepting new orders at the moment but when I purchased them last month, I paid $195 which included the Givi mounting hardware and shipping.

I like the E360 sidecases since they're neither too big or too small. I would have purchased the E41 sidecases but I was told that they were not available individually.

I purchased the Givi bags after destroying the right side Corbin Beetle Bag during a crash and being told that I couldn't purchase a single bag to replace it and would need to buy another pair. Consequently, I wanted something that I could replace one of, if ever necessary.

I purchased the Givi E360s from Arizona Motorsports.