CBR1100XX.org Forum

JET KIT lag around town... Suggestions?

PlasticxxHead

I just had a stage one jet kit installed a week ago..

Took care of the top end hesitation GREAT.. WWEEEEEE!!

BUT, now around town, which is a huge part of my driving it boogs down at the lights.

You know how normally the torque of the bird when you let out the clutch is enough to pull you pretty much up to speed for a shift, well now I need to give it gas and once I hit 1700--2000 rpm the clutch is all the way out and she flops, as if I dumped the clutch without enough low end gas..then I gas to speed up again.. dangerous because I am now in the turn and she wants to stand up from the lean..

Is a jet tweek gonna fix my low end stop light pain or ...

Is this a normal sacrifice for a jet kit..

HAd it put in at a pro shop.. recommended from a fellow board member.

Running Erion slip-ons and a K&N...

Which jet kit did you get? Dynojet or Factory?

Typically, the low end less than 1/4 throttle is the idle jet... Did the tuners replace the idle jet? If not, they could have either 1. not touched the idle mixture screws, or 2. made them too rich.

If you can, try and ride where it bogs down... like in 4th or 5th gear... and keep it where it bogs down... open the throttle to less than half quickly while you're cruising at that dead spot... If it takes off real well at first then bogs down, it's too rich. If it hickups then takes off real well, it's lean.

To richen idle circuit: turn mixture screws out

To lean idle circuit: turn them in

don't turn them out more than 3.5 turns...

Mike

I don't know where the choke is on a bird, but id its accessible to you while riding, when you get to the spot it is falling off (1700 rpms) give it a little choke...if it picks up and runs well, it is too lean...if it gets worse, its too rich. Pilot screws affect that range alot.

Porter

all these above opinions are right on the money i gott mine at 3 turns out and rips something tells me they didnt put in whole kit and just did jets

u need to do jets springs needles and maybe drill slides i use the dyno jett kit like it better than factory u need to find out what they did or if u can get all extra parts and find out if its a dyno kitt

there is no way that shop has a dyno or they would have caught that bogg

u can bring it to me or i can come up i sent u my # in pm

all these above  opinions are right on the money i gott mine at 3 turns out and rips something tells me they didnt put in whole kit and just did jets  

u need to do jets springs needles and maybe drill slides  i use the dyno jett kit like it better than factory u need to find out what they did or if u can get  all extra parts and find out if its a dyno kitt  

there is no way that shop has a dyno or they would have caught that bogg

u can bring it to me or i can come up i sent u my # in pm

Out of curiousity, why do you like the Dynojet kit better than factory Pro? As stated in another thread, I've had nothing but issues (albeit minor lean spots and rich spots) with the 4 dynojet kits I've installed, but have a Factory Pro kit in my 'bird on the reccomendation of other forum members and LOVE it! Box stock, it doesn't have the off idle lean spot that I couldn't get out of any of the Dynojet kits without making the idle WAY too rich, and you don't have to drill the slides, which makes it completely reversable... I also get roughly the same mileage as a stock 'bird gets (all the Dynojet kits I've installed have netted worse mileage). So what do you like better about the Dynojet?

Mike

Another tip for tuneing dead areas in the power band is to start the bike cold and ride immediately. If the dead spot is worse, it's a lean problem, if better it's a rich problem.

Fuel doesn't atomize as well when cold, which is why you need a choke.

i like the dyno although it make be a little lean off idle it = fast acc

an engine screams max horsepower lean but will blow up so at mid and full the nice rich mixture comes in the dyno jett kitt runs 140 acroios board as aposed to the stock 142 and 140

WELL BEING THAT I HAD 2 ...142 JETS AND 2 140 JETS WITH THE DYNO JET KIT I GITT 140 ACROSS BOAR SO GETTING BETTER THAN STOCK MILAGE ANOTHER REASON IS THE DYNO THIER KITS AND GIVE U A CUPON FOR A FREE DYNO RUN ANYWAY WHEN U FOLLOW THIER DIRECTIONS THEY DYNO IT SO U DONT HAVE TO JUST FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS I LIKE FACTORY AS ITS MORE EXPENSIVE I LIKE THE FACT THEY GIVE U ALL NEW FLOAT BOWL SCREWS AS THEY ARE A BITCH TO GET OUT SOME TIMES BUT ITS 29 BUCKS MORE THEN THE DYNO KITT SO ALWAYS WENT WITH DYNO AND I JUST GO TO HOME DEPOT AND BUY NEW SCREWS SAVES ME MONEY

I have the Factory kit in my Bird "150" jets in place and she runs like a raped ape! I read all about the Dyno kit and was turned off as soon as i came to the part about"Drilling"? What? Yeah right, I want to drill my $500 Carbs, NOT!

Mine was Dynoed and she not great on gas but you have to give up one or the other! Gas or Power! So with 148hp at the rear wheel now I am happy with the out come, and BTW I have the Akrapovic Full system also! Boy does she sound great!

Slyxdevil in your posting on Sun May 29, 2005 7:05 am you mention

"WELL BEING THAT I HAD 2 ...142 JETS AND 2 140 JETS WITH THE DYNO JET KIT I GITT 140 ACROSS BOAR" etc

I came across this info at

http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/JetKitFAQ.htm

and it says the dyno jets are not directly comparable to the standard or factory pro jets as they are rated differently. If you have mixed standard and dyno jets with same numbers two will be vastly different . This site has a comparison chart to directly compare. Although it is a BMW site the same applies for all foactory to dyno jet comparisons.

Slyxdevil in your posting on Sun May 29, 2005 7:05 am you mention

"WELL BEING THAT I HAD 2 ...142 JETS AND 2 140 JETS WITH THE DYNO JET KIT I GITT 140 ACROSS BOAR" etc

I came across this info at

http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/JetKitFAQ.htm

and it says the dyno jets are not directly comparable to the standard or factory pro jets as they are rated differently. If you have mixed standard and dyno jets with same numbers two will be vastly different . This site has a comparison chart to directly compare. Although it is a BMW site the same applies for all Factory to Dyno jet comparisons.

thanks for info flippy i just looked at the charts intresting info

yeah the stock jets where bigger but the dyno jett feels bigger

but its only a 140main what ever bike ripps i have kehien carbs on the honda this talks about comparing dyno jett to mikukuni carb jetts