CBR1100XX.org Forum

Centerstand stops.

Red J

Of course, you may not know Jeff, in which case you'll need to know how to weld, or have your own version of Jeff out there somewhere.

Keep wishing bitches.

There is only one JEFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fired up the Yanmar Friday. No muffler, about 4" of pipe. Mother fucker... :lol:

About this comment, you could make some money by licensing your name to others...

Back on topic, I formed the parts last nite, and they are at the welder now.

I decided to cut the pieces from 0.090 304 stainless instead of the real McCoy's 0.125. Stainless is some pretty hard shit, and I think that even 0.060 would work, but 0.090 is what the cutter had in stock. I don't anticipate any problems with the material in this application.

Since the volumes on this are going to be low, I am going to only build as many as I have orders for, prior to the production run. As of today, I am setting the deadline for orders at Friday, July 8, and anticipate deliveries to occur a week and a half thereafter.

The price, shipped via USPS Priority Mail, will be $48.

I am not accepting money at this time, but I am building a firm list of buyers. PM or post here if you would like to be added or removed from the list.

Which Yanmar did you fire up, the 2V750?

Once we built an air cooled, single cylinder with a custom turbocharger mouted on it. It blew a fourteen inch flame and made nearly thirty five horsepower for a few minutes, then she blew up!

I took your advise and copyrighted my name. Check my sig line. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Okay:

I am very close to production on this. I wanted to wait until I had Redbird test fit the stop, and verify that all is cool, prior to taking orders and taking money.

There is a slight change that he made to his stop, to allow usage on either side of the bike. I will be making the same change to the design, as it adds functionality without sacrifice. Other than that, all is cool.

---

I should be posting a thread in the FS forum today, whereby I will be taking orders. I will allow a week to accept orders, then will begin production, with deliveries two weeks thereafter (I am on vacation for one week, which is part of the reason for the delay).

Payment will be accepted prior to shipping, but not before I am ready to send units out.

This is a nice piece of kit, well worth the price IMO.

Pretty much the same cost as the Two Brothers stop, but better designed, ajustable, and stainless- though I'm not sure what the TBR stop is made of, it doesn't look like stainless in the pics I have.

If you need a centerstand stop, this is what you want.

I need a mounted pic YO! I might be in on this order. My stop is gone by by.

Still waiting on pricing from my fabricator, should have that soon.

Stop mounted to left side:

c-stopleft1.jpg

c-stopleft2.jpg

Stop removed, part in black will be removed for left side fitment:

c-stopout.jpg

Stop fitted to right side of bike:

c-stopright1.jpg

Nice. How long before you have this ready for a group buy?
I should be posting a thread in the FS forum today, whereby I will be taking orders. I will allow a week to accept orders, then will begin production, with deliveries two weeks thereafter (I am on vacation for one week, which is part of the reason for the delay).

Will try to get pricing yet today, but it may be tomorrow.

I have the Two-Bros stop. I think yours is better. When I raised my ride hieght, I had to shim the contact point to gain the clearance needed for the chain. Your stop has this adjustable feature built in.

GOOD JOB!

I have not recieved quoting for the fab of the parts. The guy I use is backed up bad at the moment, and he is working on getting me my info, but it is taking time for him to do so.

I am on vacation next week, and don't have the time this week to bug him about it. I will be working on this when I get back on August 1.

My apologies to those of you who were expecting this sooner.

Hang tight, and we'll get this done.

Cheers,

J.

I'm in. And for those of you who don't already know, according to Parts411, Two Brothers Racing no longer makes the centerstand stop. I had asked them to special order it for me months ago, and they finally came back to me today with a 'no' and a refund.

-N.

Another update:

I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow, but I have started the ball-a-rollin on this.

I will pick the ball up on August 1. I will post a thread in the FS forum for these.

Price inclusive of shipping (USPS Priority Mail) will be 50 USD.

Do not send me money now. Will accept funds on August 1, and will be shipping two weeks thereafter.

J.

• 3 weeks later...