CBR1100XX.org Forum

Clutch Change

LongHaul

I'm probably the only one who has on a standard bike and then it wasn't needed as I misread the symptoms, but I changed the plates anyway as I'd already got them.

Used EBC plates and uprated springs, about 10k miles ago, no problems and no different to stock other than about half the price.

Congratulations if you've got a standard bike you'll be the first with a worn out clutch, how many miles??

I don't have a problem with my clutch. I only have about 16k miles on my 2002 but had never noticed any posts or discussion about clutches on stock BB's and was wondering when, in mileage, people needed to replace them.

I guess I now see why there's no discussion - I love Hondas. :)

Thanks

That's too funny. I have never even thought about the clutch. Except for my 1972 Honda 500, I have never had to change a clutch.

and I've had:

1972 Honda 500

1976 Honda 750

1978 Honda 750 F

1979 Honda 750 Supersport

1981 Honda 900 Supersport

1987 Honda Interceptor

1993 Honda VFR 750

1997 Honda XX

This bike ranks right up there with some of the best designs ever.

honda-vfr700f2-87-bikepics-049284.jpg

Had 86 like this one,red,white and blue.Nice motor,but that 16 inch front,18 rear,,,,,,,,,,not the best handling bike.Could not get decent skins for those rims.

I did have a 94 VFR that I needed to put clutch plates and springs in at about 45k miles. It had begun to slip at full throttle.

At first the friction zone seemed to be out at full lever extension. Hard to feather. The zone was very narrow. Then shortly after that - slippage.

IIRC, $125 for clutch stuff and less than one hour, including an oil/filter change, and we were back on the road again.

Was an excellent motorcycle, refrigerator white, white wheels.....