CBR1100XX.org Forum

Dash Lights...help!!

JB4XX

A fellow manager at work with a 97XX called me after he got home from his 6 mile ride home this morning to say the right side of his dash was dark the way home. He also went on to say the bike was backfiring "really bad" when he first started it and it seemed to clear up on the way home. Not sure if this is more than just some dash light bulbs or another electrical problem caused the bulbs to blow. His bike has 28k on it, jetted, full erion system, never has changed the regualtor or STOCK CHAIN :shock:

Can we change the dashlights by just removing the windshield or does the upper have to come off? Any other electrical issues need to be checked when I see his bike in about 5 hours?

Thanks!

ummm yea I think you can...i put leds in without removing the cluster...it was difficult with my fat hands but i got r done...I would check the regulator just because the main symptoms when they go seem to be wacky behavior with the instruments

I would check the regulator just because the main symptoms when they go seem to be wacky behavior with the instruments

That would be the first thing I changed. Do your self the favor and make the R1 change. I did after 2 Hondas went bad and $300 later. ](*,) :banghead:

I would check the regulator just because the main symptoms when they go seem to be wacky behavior with the instruments

That would be the first thing I changed. Do your self the favor and make the R1 change. I did after 2 Hondas went bad and $300 later. ](*,) :banghead:

yea, i am going on 2 years on a used yamaha R1 reg...not wire cutting or any other modifications needed except removing the terminals from the plastic connector

Replaced a blown dashlight, no other problems were discovered at this time.

POS Hondas... :evil: