CBR1100XX.org Forum

Ticking???

GimPin

I was just wondering... my bike has a slight tick at idle when the bike is cold and it does it untill it is FULLY warmed up ..... it sounds a little like a lifter tap ... I have checked the oil and its up to level and looks clean ... is this a common noise or somthing I sould look into??

my bike is a 97 w/ almost 28,000 miles.... the ticking is at the top of the engine and it only does it at low RPMs once it is over about 2k range it stops... and it doesnt do it when the bike is at full operating temp... only when its warming up

I havent really checked anything.. I have only owned the bike for about a month and have put aprox 2k on it .... it doesnt seem too serious but just wondered if anybody else experienced the same issue

Leave it alone, it will go away!!!! My bike is fun that way. I have a 1998 with 43,000 miles, I bought it brand new in 1998 and all the miles are mine. With that being said, I have had noises, ticks, rattles, pings...show up from time to time, then, miraculously self heal. The bike is kind of weird that way. This is just my opinion and if it really bothers you, do whatever makes you feel good. Me, I would just enjoy the nice new sound until it goes away and a new one appears. My $.02

MaXX