CBR1100XX.org Forum

Need an O2 sensor

severdog

It's just a threaded hole, isn't it? Is just throwing an appropriately sized bolt in there not an option?

And, no, sorry I can't help with an O2 sensor..... :sad:

It's just a threaded hole, isn't it? Is just throwing an appropriately sized bolt in there not an option?

Red-

Absolutely correct, I could do that. It's a standard metric diameter, but it's got a fine thread than "standard" for that diameter, so I'd have to run all over the place trying to find that specific bolt/thread pitch. Thought it might be easier just to shove the damned sensor in there and be done.

Would you know what the O2 sensor thread pitch is? If I knew this, I could call around to local places. "Um, yeah. I need a bolt. Yeah, just one."

I've just got my index finger stuck in there in the meantime, and it's starting to hurt.

Sorry, can't help with the thead pitch (mine's a 49 state model, or I'd be happy to check for you).

If it were me, I'd just go down to the hardware store and pick up 5 or six bolts the looked close, and go home and try 'em one at a time. Seems easier that dealing with sourcing and shipping an O2 sensor. My local hardware store has a nice selection of metric stuff, a lot of it in stainless. I suppose you might not be so lucky.

Good luck.. :)

should be a pipe thread. I got one for my mustang "for off road purposes" of course. I think I got it at NAPA. Any good hardware or automotive place should have a plug to fit.

If it were me, I'd just go down to the hardware store and pick up 5 or six bolts the looked close, and go home and try 'em one at a time. Seems easier that dealing with sourcing and shipping an O2 sensor. My local hardware store has a nice selection of metric stuff, a lot of it in stainless. I suppose you might not be so lucky.

Good luck.. :)

BTDT. Lowe's has a really good selection of metric hardware. I bought a bunch of bolts that I thought might be close....and one of them had the right diameter, but the wrong thread pitch. So I have that fucker jammed in there right now, cross-threaded.

Welding rod? Rubber plugs? :twak:

• 3 weeks later...

O2 sensor hole is plugged.

I found a bolt with the correct OD, (but incorrect thread) cut it down to the correct length, taper ground the threads at the end, applied some hi-temp gasket seal, and then cross-threaded that fucker in there.....cut it's own threads!

Cost about $.45 and will never fail. Sometimes I forget that it's OK to take the gorilla approach.