CBR1100XX.org Forum

Throttlemeister cruise controls

Warp11XX

So, is Throttlemeister the brand to get? From the overall threads I've looked up, it seems so. Any horror stories? Where the hell do you get them? I've got two shops looking now... :roll: I've seen their website and they suggest "local shop" purchase...

Throttlemeister is like asking for oil or radar detector sugestions - many varying and strong opinions. I have a throttlemeister and LOVE it but many will bitch about the price and functionality. You may want to search the archives as there were several threads recently about that...

Same here.

I have throttlemeister and love it..

However, those that have the NEP throttle lock love that, and complain that the throttlemeister is too expensive and not as easy as the nep.

Tomek,

There aren't too many "throttle locks" that work well on anything other than "Flat land"... at least not until you get into Gold wings and stuff like that.

I have many miles of use with both ThrottleMeisters and the littel throttle lock plastic ones, both work well. Throttlemeister quality is outstanding but it will cost you. I have found it very easy to use, looks great, and takes only a little time to set up right. I use it a lot on slab trips... which is about the only time you would use one anyway.

I've got a VistaCruise and I'm switching to the Throttlemeister. The Vista cost me a bit over $30 bucks, and was a bit of a headache to install because there isn't much room on the Bird's bars. My issue is that on lock-to-lock stuff the little tip you use to activate it is banging my tank and has already made a small scratch and dent there. The Throttlemeister is just cleaner, neater, and works better. I'm will to pay the premium for it.

i have the throttle meister...and like the other happy customers i to am TOTALLY satisfied with the performance, fit, and function...yes the price is high...but remember you get what you pay for...

Oops... :oops: Is the standard version just as good? I couldn't find a dealer or shop that even said they heard of them around here. I just ordered moments before I read your post from the company that manufactures them for $130 and shipping. Did I get reamed? Should I quickly call and try to change to heavy... is it that big a difference?

Yep :D That is where I got mine too...I ordered the standard one about 30 minutes ago. 8)

I got the standard polished...

If you have a silver XX the polished is a great accent. Looks great on any bike though for that matter.

I thought the Heavy were WAY too big.

I have the "heavy" one and even though it costs a lot, it looks like MILION bucks. We all know it's all about the looks !!! :twisted:

Funktion ? Phew ! Who cares about the function !

Seriously though, NEP is eassy to use, but the Throttlemeister is not to bad either.

cheers,

Cool! 8) Thanks for the replies guys! Standard model on the way...

I'm riding with a few guys down to TN next weekend and this will assist my carpel tunnel greatly to be able to let go of the bar occasionally on the slab. I've got an old Vista Cruise on my F bike but it hasn't worked for awhile now and I never used it much on that bike anyway...

Thanks again! :mrgreen:

I had the Throttlemeister and hated it every minute....

After a few weeks I switched to the Vista. Very easy and cheap, and works much better that the TM. I also think it is a lot safer to use.

If mounted correctly, it will not touch the tank in any position.

Even in traffic, I find myself using it about 50% of the time.....

I got the "heavy" standard finish for my '02 BB. It has the '02 VFR bars and was easy to install, especially with the neat little extractor to remove the stock lead weight. I ordered mine online from Arizona Motorsports for 137.00.

Be *real* careful when installing and trimming grips though. Also, you might not need the shims. I didn't.

Really gives my hands a break so I don't have to stop and rest.

Worth every penny. I did use up the salesman bonus on my HondaPro bonus card to get it so the old lady wouldn't carp about yet another accessorie for the Japanese mistress............ :D:D

If mounted correctly, it will not touch the tank in any position.

Got pictures? I have stock bars, grips, etc. Given the positioning for activation, the fact that the support strut has to cross the controls, when not activated mine points straight out towards my tank, and flips up during actvation. When I turn my bar to the right all the way to the lock, the tip of the the Vista DOES indeed touch my tank. I'd like to see your mounting setup.

I am sorry, but ever since our Dutch Blackbird-site got hacked lots of things went missing, including the instructions how to mount the Vista.

But it is really simple. You have this notch (like 2 pins) where you can fix a screw between. Cut away the top pin, so you only have got the lower pin left. Then take a Dremel, and cut the remaining pin in a shape that fits exactly btween the 2 nuts of the gascables. This is exactly the right position to stop hitting the gastank.

Goodluck!