CBR1100XX.org Forum

Gas tank hose routing on a 97' XX - Help

Master Of Pain

Hello all,

I removed my gas tank today to service the bike, however in my rush I failed to be observant of where the hoses went, particulary the vaccum lines. Does anybody have a quick guide or perhaps a picture showing the routing of what goes where?

Thanks!

Do you mean the connections to the tank (petcock)?

The gas lines obviously go into the side ports and the vacuum line connects to the diaphragm on the front side (toward the handlebars).

NOT the little nipple that is at the very bottom (pointing directly downward) of the petcock that's there to trick you into taking the bike to the dealership because it runs like shit.

...........and welcome to the forum, Pastor of Maine. :twisted:

You must choose not the automatic, but the...

...first sticky note in the Garage section of this forum, wherein you will find, among other important documents, the complete vaccum hose routing diagrams including several three-dimensional cutaway illustrations. It's a big fat download and if you're on dial-up it'll take all night. Worth it though.

Also, you should know that this here Board is the home to the best bunch of criminal masterminds, throttle monkeys, and crusty old people anywhere. So sez I.

-Noah

M.O.P. has a '97 with the carbs and the "not an automatic" is for '99s and up with EFI. If there is a "non-auto" available for the older XX's I would love to have one.

As to the routing, there are four hoses. The two big ones on the sides go to the obvious big nips on the side of the petcock. The smallest one goes to the tiny nip on the front of the petcock and the little bit bigger one (maybe 3/16ths) is just a drain for the fuel overflow, it connects aft of the petcock.

I know this because I just reassembled my '97 after a paint job (Repsol colors).

Question:

Do I piont the petcock up or down for "on"???