CBR1100XX.org Forum

Stupid (as usual) IAT Question

GriffXX

Swapping the plugs (finally) and I am following Warchild's instructions to the 'T' (so far). Of course he says be very carefull when removing the IAT off of the air cleaner housing.

So trying to be careful, how does the connector come off? Does the connector need to come off, or can I just unscrew the sensor and remove it all from the air cleaner housing?

If the connector must be disengaged first, is there a tab to push, or a certain twist, or a straight lift, or magic words to say???

Thanks

Not a stupid question!

You grasp the top of the IAT connector and use your thumb to push the top of the connector tab inward (as shown by yellow arrows):

iat_1.jpg

This causes the latch to clear the retaining tab (point to by red arrow below). Now lift the connector straight up.

iat_2.jpg

It's been a while since I've removed mine, but I seem to remember some kind of tab retainer you have to push/squeeze/press before the connector comes off.

Could you be a little more clear in your descriptions, Dale?

Maybe include a more detailed pic or something? :wink:

Hats off, man! How could you ask for a better answer than the one you just provided? =D>

... if you don't want to - just remove the two screws holding it to the air box/housing. Lift it straight up and it'll clear the housing with no problem. Rather than just let it dangle on its wiring, just tuck it out of the way (I stick it in a plastic sandwitch bag with the two screws - that I don't wanna lose - close the bag around the wire and snug it with a rubber band). You'll never forget to re-install it with that bag hanging right there.

:wink:

You guys are the best!!! Ass sex for everyone.....

......I'll give you my ex-wife's address!!!

Dale - as always, thanks for your help.

Griff