CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTH? No Rotella Syn at Wally's anymore?

Involute

I've tried 2 different local Walmart's a few times over the past week or so and Rotella Synthetic is nowhere to be found in the big jug. Just the 1 Qt size. Do any of you know if they are going to quit selling the 4 Qt jugs? Did I miss a post somewhere or do my local stores just suck?

I don't think they have stopped selling it I saw it there last week when I did my oil change. :wink:

I ended up going to 3 different Wal-marts trying to get Mobil 1 15-50 in the 5 quart jug, 3rd times the charm :razz:

5qt Mobil 1 was 20.24$ at Wallyworld I didn't get a price on the Rotella though sorry :oops:

Re: WalMart: Yesterday, I bought a gallon jug of Shell Rotella Syn 5W/ 40 for about $13 and a few of their 6067 ($2) filters that fit the Bird nicely. I really debated about the $5/ quart 15,000 mile Mobile but honestly, I have run Delvac, Dyno Rotella and Syn Rotella. I cannot say that I notice any difference between them. I run the Rotella as a concession to my conscience but I believe Delvac at 1/2 the price is more than sufficient.

I'll just have to be patient I guess. I really like the gallon jugs. It makes getting my used oil to the recycling place easier. Next time I'm in there I'll have to ask them what the hell is going on. Maybe people around here are jumping on the Rotella Syn bandwagon and buying my private reserve from under my nose.

I ran into the same deal tonight at Walmart. Luckily, me and my buddy had to run down there to get some stuff for his wife, and I found 4 gallons of it (all they had left). I bought them all. $13.28 a gallon I believe. That should last me until Mobil gets their head out of their ass and gives us back our old stuff again :lol: