CBR1100XX.org Forum

Great LED light site.

Pete in PA

I've been wanting LED bulbs for my taillight. I've seen the ones that circle and flash, but I just wanted the stock red lens and 2 LED lights. Finally found them at:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/led_prods.htm

One thing puzzles me, They say if you have a red lens, get red LED bulbs. If so why are the regular bulbs white?

I got the red 30 LED bulbs, looks like they'll fit. $22.98 shipped. Been wanting to bling the rear a bit. Plus I like the instant on of LEDs.

Pete, I got my led's from PepBoys for about 6 bucks a piece, but they were not bright enough with just 2 1157 style bulbs. I took 8 of them, cut the bases off and epoxied them in place on alum sheet the fit my brake housing, wired together and had a super bright brake light that drew less amps than the 2 stockers.

Just info

Porter

What a red lens does is block the light, except for the red. White light is a combination of all colours. In a red lens you will filter out most of the white light, and let the red light pass. So, in fact you loose most of the light.

If you use red LED's, than all the emitted light will pass the lens, therefore giving more light.

I have the clearalternative lens in the rear with the lens. They use the red LED's, and they are quite big. I compaired the light with the normal lens and normal bulbs, and there is not much difference. The only thing is that you lose the lighting on the license plate. I don't know about the states, but overhere (Holland) you must have this. So we've made 6 extra LED's in the bottom part of the lens and connected these.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5dd3...16108IZt2zZy0Zw

Two 1157 led buls.. 10 lights each..

Work great for me

ps can someone host if needed?

Your pic was in bright sunlight and looks like the brakes are on. :cool: That looks good. I'm getting the ones with 30 per bulb, should be great.

I've got a 98, geuss you guys with newer should find out what bulb style you have in there.

I've got 20+ LED's in my tail light. Works great. Does a double pulse before solid.

My Volts are around 14.1 at idle. When I put on the brake it first dips to 13.4 then goes up to 13.9 (probably that double pulse). When I had normal incandecent lights putting on the brakes use to drop it down to 12 V or even 11 sometimes. Nasty things those bulbs :]

Installed and evalled:

Bulbs went right in, no fitting problems.

Overall I like them. I did a side by side with the regular and the LED. The bulb fills the reflector/lens more, where the LED has a brighter center. Honda wasn't TOO concerned with the reflector or it would be chromed, not just a silver paint finish.

The LED's are directional, VERY bright straight back, (where you need it) not as much from an angle.

I love the instant on you get, versus the gradual lighting when you hit the brake lever. A few quick squeezes of the brake lever should wake up anybody behind you.

Much less current draw. With the regular bulbs you could see the headlight dim when you hit the brakes, (engine off) not with the LEDs.

Of course sorry, no pics.

• 8 months later...
any1 knows LED bulb number for signal light???

for example FI model LED tail light is 7443-15 LED

Thanks

This will not work, I've tried.....

LED's are very directional, and the bulbs on the front are mounted in an awquard angle. They are not visble the way you would want them to.....

For the REAR signals, I converted mine to LED's. I used a flashlight of all things. I had a MAG style LED flashlight that I'd bought cheap (15.00) and the LED cluster & bezel were a perfect fit right into the stock REAR signal lense. A little creative wiring, a dropping resistor and "Job Done".

Looks pretty trick from far back & is good in the sunlight.

And to fix the rapid flashing issue, bought an Electronic flasher, took it apart, replaced the 4.7m farad cap. with a 10m farad cap and now it flashes at the same rate as with conventional bulbs, but much less draw.

Pic's will be up shortly in my album...

Kev