CBR1100XX.org Forum

Handlebar question - bar end removal?

jimmystartup

Can anyone tell me how to get the inserts out of the ends of the handlbars? My bar-ends seem to be sticking out a little bit (there is some space between then and the grips) and when I tried to fix it I couldn't remove the inserts that the bar-ends bolt into.

Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about? Do I need to go home and take pictures?

Thanks,

Peter

Getting mine out was a pain..Needle noise vice grips and a thin flat screw driver. THe retaining clip is really the only tricky part.. Work one end out then reposition the screwdriver around the lips still attached..Once the clip is out put the stock barend bolt in and grab a hold with a good set of plyers... Wiggle up and down up and down up and down :lol: and is will SSLLLOOOWWWLLLYYY work its way out..

ps spit helps!!! :wink:

Get a pair of Throttlemeister Cruise control bar end weights. They come with a little collar to extract the weight to use their insert. A 2 minute job. Really have enjoyed my cruise control..

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a set of the Tnhrottlemeister Cruise Control Bar Ends and it does come with a "puller" tool to remove the stock bar end inserts.

Can anyone who has fitted these help with tips on how to fit them. I notice that the instructions call for a torque for the installation. How critical is this?