CBR1100XX.org Forum

Battery part# Question

silverbird1100

So these ASSHOLES at Interstate sold me a YTX12-BS a year and a half ago and that's actually for the earlier models. No wonder I was having problems running all this shit for a 99' (stator too.)

SO mines an 02'. I need a YTX12S but the KOYO from motorcycle batteriesusa.com is a (K)TZ12S is this the same thing? If not what do I need?

Thanks

Hi Silverbird,

I have just change to a YTX12-BS a month ago. Will it give problems ? Will there be disturbance with the electrical system eg; headlight not bright enough, difficult to start, fuel injection going crazy, etc...

Please let me know if this battery will ruined my electrical system or not....

Should I change it now or should I wait until the battery dies....

I know there is a 1 amp difference in capacity between the batteries for a pre and post 00' model. I was alrady running a 97-98 spec stator (Thanks alot Rick, asshole) and burned it up perhaps trying to keep and under spec ytx12-bs up to charge. I've had all kinds of stupid problems but I'm hoping now it was just from running 98' models compnents :evil: The battery alone probably won't give you problems but I'm through fucking aroud with this bike and just bought an OEM rectifier, stator and battery.

Thanks Ronnie just ordered for 65 shipped!