CBR1100XX.org Forum

Difference in Parts Number

GriffXX

I'm loooking for a a little parts number help / wisdom.

Due to my ‘off’ from last year, I have to replace my center cowl stay.

I see two different part numbers for it, 64500-MAT-D01, or -000.

000 is like $75 at Service Honda and Ron Ayers, and the D01 is approximately $69. I know it is a $6 difference (so what), but is there a functional difference?

Possibly the the ‘000’ item number includes the Gable Clips and the ‘D01’ doesn’t? Any other ideas? Bueller? Bueller?

As usual, talking on the phone or via e-mail with those places to get help is worthless. Thanks.

OK, I'll answer my post. I like to do that.

Ron Ayers actually responded:

You actually need the D01. The D00 was superceded by the D01 and the 000 is for a 97-98 model.

Guest rockmeupto125

There's a minimum 24 hour wait on technical questions.

Next time please wait 24 hours for caustic, sarcastic, silly, or downright demented answers to your serious question before giving the right answer yourself.

Forum members come from nearly every time zone in the world, and after all, fair is fair.

:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

Sorry Joe. I've been away for a while. :oops:

I missed the transformation.

I didn't realize that this group has become a "Patient, Type-B Personality, wine coolers with my comfort food" bunch.

Oh, I get it. That is why I see so much talk of Hardleys and Cruisers on the main page. So if I want to talk with some real 'go fast' guys, I should hop over to Sport-Touring.net???

Patience? I'll never have it. Spring is just about here and I am ready to go.

Oh, and thanks!!! :grin:

Guest rockmeupto125

Speaking of patience......what the hell do you need a center cowl for anyway? It just melts up against the turbo housing......

Sorry Joe. I've been away for a while. :oops:

I missed the transformation.

I didn't realize that this group has become a "Patient, Type-B Personality, wine coolers with my comfort food" bunch.

Oh, I get it. That is why I see so much talk of Hardleys and Cruisers on the main page. So if I want to talk with some real 'go fast' guys, I should hop over to Sport-Touring.net???

Patience? I'll never have it. Spring is just about here and I am ready to go.

Not only all that, but all members now pee sitting down. You should also start doing this immediatly so you don't feel outta place :lol: