CBR1100XX.org Forum

Ordered new tires....

birdie_xx

I just ordered new Pilot Roads.

From Dennis Kirk this time.

You can give them any advertised price and they beat it by a $1...

Since the South West Tires doesn't charge for shipping of 2 tires, the totall came to $225.90 to my door.

DK is closer to me than SW......

Cheers,

I figured they would worm out of it somehow.

They did that with me one time (and last time) with a tire for my Wing.

Their add said it had raised black letters on the tire and other add that was cheeper didn't say anything. They wouldn't give me the price. So I ordered them from the other place and it did have the RBL.

Have you gotten really old tires? I just got some tires from SWMOTO myself, I got a good deal on them since I also ordered my wifes tires for her Virago.

Was a pain in the ass finding a 90/90-19 that had a matching 140/90-15 rear.

Got me another Avon 45 since I was getting free shipping.

Will look at their born on dates when I get home.

I can't say these SWMotoTire Roads are old, I was just wondering if a year+ old is typical for all vendors for what sounds like a popular tire.

One of the tires had a Drag Specialties/Parts Unlimited sticker on it and the other had a sticker from a Fort Worth parts supplier. I wondered if SWMotoTire is gathering older stock from other vendors.

I don't plan on letting them get weather cracked in any case.

I've noticed a couple more things about the Pilot Roads:

There are no colored rings around the circumfrence of the tire over the tread and grooves as I have seen on other new tires.

There is a small bar-code sticker in the bead sealing area. What is that all about? Is it OK take it off before I mount them? Might it possibly mark the light or heavy spot?

I checked mine saturday before heading to the bike shop.. my Avon was like a 4104 or something like that..

Will be glad when I get my tire changer. Dumb tire changer at the shop took almost 2 hours to change 4 tires.. Would pop off the tires and them come and ask which way the tire faces so he would put them on the correct way..

Still fugged up my wifes tire, he didn't make sure it seated properly and I had to do that at home..