CBR1100XX.org Forum

Rear Turn Signal tap

bhanxx

I looking to install the ElectricalConnection 01314 Turn Signal Kit to make rear turn signals into red running/red brake/amber turn to improve conspicuity at night from my 6 o'clock. I need to tap into brake/running wires (no problem) and each of the rear turn signal hot wires (not done yet). Since the XX is in storage and it's a real PIA to get at it, i can only feel around in the dark in 'er tail and only feel rounded molded tupperware for the most part and no turn signal wiring. I know it's in there somewhere :roll: . So i have 2 questions b4 i order the kit:

1. Where is the best spot to tap a single wire into each of the rear turn signal hot wires?

2. How difficult (or ez) is it?

Mucho thanks in advance

Remove the rear cowl, and everything you're looking for is right near the tail light, at the back of the ECU.

IIRC, you can access the turn signal wiring behind the license plate, under the fender, if everything is still stock there.

Personally, I'd remove the cowl & tail light, then splice my wiring where it's less likely to get wet, or noticed. :)

Mucho Thanks, that was what I was hoping for! XX is in dark tight storage and my shop manual is currently MIA (i find that it sooner or later). I was suspicious that it was way back there.

Personally, I'd remove the cowl & tail light, then splice my wiring where it's less likely to get wet, or noticed.

Yep, exactly, agree 100%!

Mucho Thanks, that was what I was hoping for! XX is in dark tight storage and my shop manual is currently MIA (i find that it sooner or later). I was suspicious that it was way back there.

How do you make it through the winter?? I have to keep mine in the garage so I can sit on it and make "vroooomm" noises.

(My wife was sick of me sitting on her making "vrooooomm" noises. :grin: )

-UJ