CBR1100XX.org Forum

RaceTech Suspension

phil

I RaceTech'd the Budgie yesterday front and back.

For this I went to Terry Hay in Wallacia, some 50 km out of Sydney. He's raced with the RaceTech team in the States and knows quite a lot of shit about suspension - and I don't :wink:

Here's what he did:

• Gold valve for the rear shock, and sag adjustment.

Gold valves and springs rated 1.0kg for the forks.

Apparrantly there's a new development he put in which reduces the nose coming up while on the gas. My front end still came up though :wink:

• I've only had it back since yesterday and am really looking forward to tomorrow's track day. But so far I can say it makes the ride more

• Plush
      Steady
      Accurate
      Fluid

• than on stock items.
        Just had to share this :grin:
        So long, Phil

I thought Terry went out of business? Oh well, if you're out that way, also call in to Nick Dole at Technic. He's in closer to town though - Penrith area.

BTW, if you're not aware, stay away from The Old Road for the next month or two. Cops & EPA are having ahuge blitz. Stick to the Putty and other roads ( do the loop out to warragamba, then down the back of the oaks, Oakdale, Picton and back).

You're right: Two weeks ago my bike club bikers 'anon organized a ride up the Old Road. We met at Berowra mobil servo, and more than 70 bikes showed up!

Anyway, we got intelligence about the EPA blitz on the Old Road, so took the Freeway up to Mooney Mooney - The cops had to watch 70 odd bikes roar past and couldn't stop a single one of us!!! :lol:

You hail from this area? I'm living here for only 1 1/2 years now, but sure think the roads are great. Putty Road also one of my favourites!

yeah. I grew up in Camden. Lived in Perth for 3 and a bit years, then travelled the world for a couple - sorta based out of London. Settled again over here in Seattle about 8 months ago. Enjoying it mostly, except the shitty weather for 9 months of the year and the fact that I don't think the USA has heard of real beaches :sad: They're all crap! Either nice and sandy with no surf, or lots of surf and no sand (all rocks). grrrrrr....

the fact that I don't think the USA has heard of real beaches :sad: They're all crap! Either nice and sandy with no surf, or lots of surf and no sand (all rocks). grrrrrr....

Need to go South young man, Manhattan Beach to San Diego has some pretty nice beaches w/sand/surf---BUT you cant beat Santa Cruz for big waves

Paul - Fuggkk - missed ya at the Creek - I went to Oran Park on Sunday - flagging the BEARS race! You must have met Terry at the Creek (big guy, reddish hair, his bikes have RaceTech written all over them), he told me he'd be there.

Mith - The beaches here (Oz) RULE - pity I can only do one thing and at the moment the Bird wins every time the sun comes out :wink: You planning to come back for a visit? Be in touch, we'll go for a burn!

On the RaceTech suspension upgrade:

WWWWWOOOOOOOWWWWWW - It cost me as much as a pair of tires and a serving of chain with sprocks and WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT MAKES TO THE BIKE!

Don't go for less - and don't kid yourself that what you've got is good! You can only compare to what you know! (Whoops, whas that a speed hump? Where before the forks would clonk and complain, it's now soaked up like the nappies of the damn beaurocrat who put it there soak up his wet farts :cool: )

Anyhow, I've just wacked off over my lovely bike (again) and will now proceed to pick up my Pirelly Diabolo tires that are waiting at MAW in Castle Hill :grin: :grin: :grin: