CBR1100XX.org Forum

bt020 psi

XX

what's the lowest psi any of you are running in a front Bridgestone BT020 tire without it being hazardous to your health?

30?

I'll esplain the question later... you really don't want to hear my complainin right now :???:

30 is fine, but not recommended - you'd only drop to that if you're on the track. For road pressures, anything below 32 and the front of the bike starts to get the wanders. There's a difference though between bad for handling (and the safety effects thereof) and getting close to structural failure. In the later category, about with the weight of the XX, 25 psi.

to many variables :sad: , driver's eight 150 lbs or 250+ lbs. outside temp

:roll:

Outside temp 40 degee's in Alaska or 120 in Phoenix Ar.

speed 50 mph or 150 mph :roll: .

Me personally would not run under 35 on street for an extended period of time for fear of tire overheating :wink:

tuff question to answer

Harry

I run 36 on the front, 36 back (for spirited or city riding). 40 for touring up front, 40 rear.

(and yes, I do check it and change it depending on what I am doing).

MaXX

thanks folks!

having shimmy problems with a new bt020 up front and want to try diffpsi's to see if i could rectify but didn't make a diff.

will post my results of what the issue is/was once it's fixed.

have ruled out:

psi (have tried varied psi's front AND rear)

givi racks

headset bearings

didn't have the same problem with my bt010 from new to worn

alignment (as far as i can tell)

balance

rear tire mounted correctly

brakes

imho i think it's the tread pattern but ya'll don't have the same problems. shimmy wobble comes significant ONLY at 15mph-60mph on white concrete rain grooved pavement - typically what you see a lot on my commute to work.

i literally have wobbley hands for 2hours after i get to work and after i get home - kinda like sea legs on dry land after being out on a boat!

take care,

Well at one time I was running what I thought was 40psi .The handling was crap I found out my tire pressure gage was off . I think by 12 lbs. So you might want to check the pressure with a different guage and see if its accurate.

Well at one time I was running what I thought was 40psi .The handling was crap I found out my tire pressure gage was off . I think by 12 lbs. So you might want to check the pressure with a different guage and see if its accurate.

Thats the same excuse Yates used during practice/qualifying. Are you Aaron in disguise?

Mac I do the same as you! :grin: