CBR1100XX.org Forum

Need some parts

Keith

So, I dumped the 'bird hard this morning due to my left foot slipping out on some wet gravel. :cry: :evil:

The left mirror folded in and actually broke the upper cowl. It is in too many pieces to be fixable

by glue/whatever, so it will have to be replaced. Ron Ayers wants $385 for it, plus shipping. The

lower cowl is pretty torn up, but I could sand it down and touch it up with touch up paint, but it will

look like crap; the lower is $266. Before I order these, I wanted to ask if there is any place better

for buying new? Or, does anyone have either of these in excellent condition for an '03 'bird?

(Not likely, but a guy can ask...).

Thanks.

You can look around, but those are about what they cost at any other place. I need a lower right also, and have found that Ron-Ayers is a good place to deal with. I got the other things I needed from them, and plan on getting the cowl this spring. Sorry to hear about your bike :cry: Fix her and ride safe!

Just found the lower right cowl at servicehonda.com for 237 without shipping :cool:

Thanks for the tip; their prices are slightly better than Ron Ayers. Any ideas on how good they

are to work with?

Glad it wasn't something worse. Buy the plastic, lick your wounds while its shipping, and move forward.

Thanks, Joe. Yes, it is good it wasn't worse; a zero-speed drop sure beats a get off at speed.

Well I put a order in to try to find out the shipping, they take the order then send you an email with the total, a bit weard. I used a credit card that is maxed out just to place the order to find out the shipping. I got a replie very fast saying the order was declined. I asked about other forms of payment. A guy named Brad said they take check, moneyorder,cod.

IM whating to hear back from them about the shipping.