CBR1100XX.org Forum

windscreens whats the best?

scott s.

I have used several screens and ended up going back to stock. It depends on how much wind you want to hold you up.

There was a recent thread on this topic, you might try doing a search. :)

I use a Givi. Thought in hot weather I would go back to stock for more wind/cooling but have done so only twice. I prefer the stiller air. It is great at 200 kph sitting normally.

BTW I am 6' tall.

Good luck

Brian

:) I had a double bubble fitted to mine when I first bought it but after a while I had to change back to standard screen as my wrists were really painful after about half an hour. As mentioned before 70-80 mph lifts the weight off your wrists with a standard screen and it works for me @ 5ft. 7ins. and 11 1/2 stone

B.

:) I had a double bubble fitted to mine when I first bought it but after a while I had to change back to standard screen as my wrists were really painful after about half an hour. As mentioned before 70-80 mph lifts the weight off your wrists with a standard screen and it works for me @ 5ft. 7ins. and 11 1/2 stone

B.

Ummm... I'm 6'5" tall, 210lbs and my doublebubble screen buffets me to hell and gone... If I lay flat and gas it up the airflow smooths out at around 250kph, but its hard to do that thru traffic :P

Looking for a higher screen to take the wind out my eyes right now, but here in South Africa we don't have the variety of suppliers you wonderful people seem to find.

B

I've got the Zero Gravity ST screen. I don't have the wrist problem though since I've got VFR bars on.

You get less, but more turbulant (sp) wind on your helmet. I wear earplugs.

Some have complained about the ZG being thiner than stock. All I did was put a chain O-ring over the top mounting nuts, no problems.