CBR1100XX.org Forum

Oil leak

StPeteXX

So I had my dealer change the oil on my XX a couple of months ago while I was there checking out the new bikes. It was convenient at the time since I was there and I was overdue. I have only put about 800 miles on it since.

Anyways, I have since noticed a small drip of oil on the garage floor. I am taking it back tomorrow to get it checked out. Anything I should be prepared for? I am hoping that either the filter or drain might not have been sealed completely. Are there any issues with seals leaking or problem areas?

I have a 1997 with about 13k on the clock.

Rich

FWIW.... I have a similar problem

Only it's my scottoiler... If I have it turned up too much... it drips oil where I park, right by the kickstand. :mad:

The dealer where I bought my 2003 did the first (and his last) oil change and left the old filter gasket stuck to the block. It didn't leak at all at first, then started leaking after a hot-run/cool-down cycle. Removing the old gasket and cleaning everything up didn't stop it from leaking. Apparently the new gasket got warped or creased in the process. Took a new filter to fix.

StpeteXX

Sorry to change the subject but I noticed you have the same exhaust as me do you have any pop on decel every now and then?

Yep, sure do. Mostly when I downshift and the rpm's are fairly high.

Replaced the CCT with the X-11 on Friday. Nice and quiet now. Doesn't sound like a bunch of marbles tumbling around at idle.

Rich