CBR1100XX.org Forum

power bleader for brakes and clutch

Stinger_916

Has anyone ever come across a power bleader for a motorcycle? I was helping a buddy over the weekend with his brakes (on his truck) and he borrowed a power bleader from a friend of his and it was the slickest thing I have ever seen. That got me thinking if anyone made on for motorcycles? I thought it might be handy to just open the blead valve and let the tool do the work.

So can you just hook the Vac to the bleed valve and let it just suck all the fluid thru the lines???

Yep, it works great. Turns a real pain in the ass job into something not so difficult. But make sure you've got an extra hand around because you'll want to do the last bit of bleeding the traditional way because the MityVac seems to pull air through the bleeder valve threads into the caliper.

I use a "Power Bleeder" for everything from my cars and trucks to the bike. Hook it up to the compressor, hold down the lever, crack the bleed, tighten and your done....Howie

x2

I've got a mity vac, one of those accumulators and another accumulator that reverses as a pusher (use it for gear oil on the truck). I've never had any luck with suction devices, but the pressure bleeders work awesome.

YMMV.

J.

To prevent air from coming in through past the threads.

Pull the bleader out and wrap some teflon tape around the threads.

Note;

Be careful not to cover the small bleed hole on the

inside of the threads.

I'll try that next time I flush the brake lines.

I used the MityVac on the car last time and didn't have any problems. But when I did the bike the brakes were horrid, I had to have a friend help me get the rest of the air out.

• 3 months later...
I've got a mity vac, one of those accumulators and another accumulator that reverses as a pusher (use it for gear oil on the truck).  I've never had any luck with suction devices, but the pressure bleeders work awesome.

Just had to do this with my clutch. (don't ask why.)

Normal bleeding was getting me no where. Went and got the Mity Vac (thanks Redbird) and finish the job lickety split. Worked beautifully!!!!!

BTW: If anyone has this device, all I gotta say is:

(in your best Austin Powers Brit voice) "I swear its not mine baaaaby. I've got no idea how it got in there."

So why did you have to do this with your clutch?  :lol:

:grin:

I was getting some clunking sounds down low and decided it would be fun to inspect the chain and sprockets while the wheel was spinning.

I removed front sprocket guard (All 5 bolts) and started up the bike. As I squeezed the clutch lever to drop it into first, an amazing thing happened. The caliper assembly for the Hydraulic clutch pops out of the housing because I had removed the bolts. :oops: Fluid everywhere....lost pressure in the system and had to replenish and remove the air that I introduced.

You should take comfort in the fact that I patched it up with some bailing wire I got from the guy at WalMart. :wink: