CBR1100XX.org Forum

RaceTech spring rate...

bartonmd

Question...

I am getting RaceTech front springs pretty soon and am curious on rates... I went on the website and for my weight, (185) it told me to go with .983 or something for street and 1.048 for racing... This would logically mean for me to get the 1.0kg springs, especially since I put alittle more weight on the front of the bike because I use a tank bag... BUT, I seem to remember a bunch of people going with the .95kg springs... Any help on this?

Thanks

Mike

I weigh about 170 w/gear and often carry lots of luggage. I have the .95's with 10 extra mm of oil. For me personally, the more wieght you can transfer to the front while entering the corner the better. I don't use the brakes, just bank her over and scrub the speed off. If you were a mad man and like to rush like hell up to the corner then brake like hell, pussyfoot through the corner and gas it up on the exit get the 1.0's for sure. Spring rates for the STREET are more personal, unlike a track bike where you have less room to play around with.

i have full set up from race tech.i have .95kg springs compression and rebound valves 140mm oil level.also have preload adj on fork caps.i am 205-210in gear bike stays planted very well in front.no diving during hard braking front does not push out in corners 2001 BB

I am getting RaceTech front springs pretty soon and am curious on rates...

I went with Race Tech .95 front springs (the first time). I didn't notice a real improvement. According to Max at Traxxion, Race Tech springs always check one size lighter than springs from other companies.

(IE: a .95 from RT is more like a .90)

Keep in mind that Max has his own opinions about everything, and he doesn't mind sharing.

I decided to have my forks done completely, so I sent them to Lindemann.

I told them that I already had the RaceTech springs added. Lindemann checked the springs, and replaced them with their own 1.0 springs.

My rebuilt forks work much better. Overall, the ride is stiffer, but the suspension soaks up sharp bumps much better.

Edit: My weight is about the same as what you posted. I also use a tankbag quite often.

at 205 #'s RT recommended a 1.05 (by putting a 1.1 on the left and a 1.0 on the right).

love them!

now i'm 215 and wished i'd gone 1.1 !

stock weight now, which is 7.5 i believe.

was running 10 before last change and was happier with that weight.