CBR1100XX.org Forum

2001 bird gages

scott s.

i just purchased gages from canada on ebay. when enstalled i found out that all the readings are in kmh and cellicus. how can i convert these gages to read mph and ferinheit. :oops: i feel like a real dummy, i need help from all the bird brains!! thanks scott s.

You really don't need to convert them Scott.

It's pretty easy to figure out the conversion from kph to mph,

When you see five cops in your mirrors with their lights flashing and a helicopter overhead you're going slightly faster than 55mph and when that green stuff in the radiator starts spitting out under the bike that means the coolant is somewhere above 212 degrees F. (how the hell do you spell Fahrenheit)

Hope this helps :grin:

:poke: :poke:

Actually I don't know if there is some sort of switch or whether it would need to be or even can reprogrammed.

If I'm not mistaken your talking about the digital dash... IF so then pressing both buttons change it to MPH(I think I know u can do it with the buttions), but I don't remember if that changed the temp gauge it F, you might be stuck with the temp in C

1 mile = 1.6 km => 60mph=96kmh etc.

Don't remember F to C , but tap water boils in 100 C.

B bird runs between 82 to 91 C in open road , can go up to 104 in traffic.

I am sure that Celsius wasn't Greek or ancient either but he was right (he calibrated his scale whith the most common fluid in earth).

Good thing it wasn't calibrated with the most common fluid around here.....

Yes I agree........., but don't try it in your radiator :wink: