CBR1100XX.org Forum

Dual Horns

bhanxx

Go to Griots Garage and get their Italian air horn. Instead of trumpets, the horns are snail or nautilus type with the compressor attached. It is $39 and a bit bigger than a grapefruit. I hung mine from the steering neck with zip ties and let it flop a bit so it moves with the forks. LOUD as in 139 db. It is sometimes good to be mistaken for an 18 wheeler. Dont waste your time w/ electric horns.

Then get a headlight modulator.....

Here in Florida, the old fuckers that drive are blind and/or deaf.

You mean this: http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=77839

I would like a few more details how u got it in there please, wow, i would've never guess ...

Already have the Signal Dynamic Headlight Modulator and Taillight Backoff modules. Being seen is the 1st line of defense, kinda like launching cruise missles from a B52 at a safe discrete distance, when u need the horn is like being in a knife fight in a bar, things get scary and messy!

Anybody do the dual Fiamm's?

Bruce,

In front of the ignition where the frame drops off and before the first plastic of the dashboard is where I hung the horn from. If you look at the bike from the top of the front fender you can see the lower 1/6 of the red horn. Use the supplied relay so ya dont fry the horn button.