CBR1100XX.org Forum

New Chain Suggestions Please

Thomas

I'm going to move this to The Garage for you, Tom, but "50" is a 530 chain.

Most people go with the DID around here. I went with the EK, and find it to fit better than the DID I installed for a friend.

RK is also a good chain, but be sure to go with the strongest 530 chain available from any one of the top manufacturers. The strongest chains last the longest without excessive stretching.

My vote is for the DID 530 ZVM it got 25K miles.

My factory RK only went 16K miles.

I'll second that. The ZVM is a good chain.

My last chain was a Regina. It only lasted 9K miles.

Junk!

My .02 cents.

Yes. The length of the DID was longer, putting the wear marks out of range right after installation.

Plus, the piece-of-shit peening tool I was using had no problem peening the DID link.

I couldn't peen the EK link because the tool kept bending. Had to use the Pro-Motion tool to finish it.

The DID also stretched in the first 10-15 miles, which I thought was normal. The EK is still sitting on the first marks I installed it on, with 1500 miles on so far, and 30 of those on the dyno.

• 2 weeks later...
I went with the EK,but be sure to go with the strongest 530 chain available from any one of the top manufacturers. The strongest chains last the longest without excessive stretching.

I'll second the EK

normal_DSC02070%20(2).JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered my EK 530ZVX-120 gold chain from www.schnitzracing.com Since they did not have 120 links, the shortest chain listed on their website, they sent me 140 links at no extra charge. The package comes with rivet link. Total cost was $129.60 plus $8.05 for shipping. You might need to call them to get longer chain at no extra cost 800.837.9730. Their price was the best I could find. I hope my chain will be installed tomorrow. By the way schnitzracing mixed my shipping and billing address. It took extra day for me to get it :sad:

Yea, but your mama said I am a better kisser.

She told me the same thing :roll:

Such a tramp, your mama is. :twisted:

I know, and you both sill owe me $50 each!!

pay up :twak:

I don't mind giving her back the $50 she gave me but you will have to get it from her.

Yea, but your mama said I am a better kisser.

She told me the same thing :roll:

Such a tramp, your mama is. :twisted:

I know, and you both sill owe me $50 each!!

pay up :twak:

I don't mind giving her back the $50 she gave me but you will have to get it from her.

Next time read the fine print!........ pay up dead beat!!! :kicknuts:

• 3 weeks later...