CBR1100XX.org Forum

Test

htmn

I can't get hosted photos to show up no matter which host I use.

I've tried:

url]

theURL

and just theURL

http://images.snapfish.com/3427%3A9%3A%3B2...828689779nu0mrj

I've tried it with Snapfish, Yahoo! Photos and FreePhotoHosting.net

The URL links work when I place them into the browser of either IE or Firefox. The pics just won't show up in PMs and I assume it would be the same if I tried to post them.

I noticed that Snapfish uses the same URL for all photos you have in the same album. Is there another URL I'm just not finding that's specific to each pic? I know there should be.

Help?

Guest rockmeupto125

I don't understand webspeak that much, but as I understand, unless you have a .jpg, .bmp, .gif, or something of the sort on the URL, then its really a link dependent upon the internal structuring of the website you are linking from.

Your link shows a fine picture of your daughter.

Joe wrote:

I don't understand webspeak that much, but as I understand, unless you have a .jpg, .bmp, .gif, or something of the sort on the URL, then its really a link dependent upon the internal structuring of the website you are linking from.

I tried attaching .jpg, .gif and .jpg at the end of each URL as well but it also didn't work. I know others have successfully posted photos from Snapfish that don't have those designations at the ends so I'm still at a loss.

Your link shows a fine picture of your daughter.

Thanks, but that's me. (Although I'm sure you're just being tactful. :wink: )

My daughter is only 16 so I won't be posting her picture online.

Guest rockmeupto125

You can't just add a file extension to something and have it work. As I said, if it doesn't already have that file extension, there's internal software at work on your hosting website....specifically to prevent automatic linking......which drives up bandwidth.

rockmeupto125 said:

You can't just add a file extension to something and have it work. As I said, if it doesn't already have that file extension, there's internal software at work on your hosting website....specifically to prevent automatic linking......which drives up bandwidth.

Thank you for your help. I guess I'll just try finding a different host.

It's so weird how Mike (99Birdman) used Snapfish to host his photos that are in his profile, but using the exact same links, he can't get them to show up in PMs. Perhaps the newer firewall on Geckobox has something to do with it.

I may ask for one of those Gmail accounts with the free storage and try that.

:???:

• 4 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Terms of Use