CBR1100XX.org Forum

NO XX FOR ME

black2kmax

Well I was all set to buy the 99 XX. Had the loan, insurance had already started and the day before we were supposed to transfer it to my name the guy decides he likes the bike too much and is not going to sell. Oh well I may have to wait until next year when I get back to the states. I picked up a 94 Yamaha FZR1000 which is in mint condition and only has 10k miles on it. The price was right, it is American Specs, and really is a blast to ride.

Well like I said I did pick up the FZR1000 for something to ride while I am here in Italy. To be honest the FZR will do nicely for the summer. We do a bunch of high speed blast up the Almalfi Coast and track days a few times a month. I really love the Blackbird and think it is the bike I will get next year when I get back. However, a track bike it is not. Who knows maybe the new CBR1200XX will be out then.

Yes I really do regret not being able to get the XX but will make the best of my time here with the FZR. I had her out this afternoon for my first ride. Not as comfortable as my old CBR600F2 but damn is the thing fast. It has a brand new michelin pilot sport on the back and still lights it up in first and second. That is unless the front end comes up. Still I will be looking next spring for a blackbird when I get back to the states. Much better suited for the riding available there.