CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fuel ups and downs...

birdie_xx

I been riding no harder than usual. Checked and spun my wheels. Checked for brake drag. Checked my tire pressure.

I found some info on the Super Black Bird forum that might have something to do with it. You can put more gas in the tank when the bike is on the centerstand. I'm thinking, maybe, my sidestand is causing the bike to lean over farther than it use to and I'm not able to fill the tank up like I use to. I'm going to check the sidestand and do a fill up on the centerstand.

Are you filling it up only to the point where the nozzle stops? If this is the case you can get almost another 1/4 - 1/2 gal in usually. I always place my bikes on the center stand when filling, sometimes that's a bitch when it's loaded though.... or when I loaded too.

<The difference between sidestand and centerstand fill ups is only a few ounces. It shouldn't be enough to throw off your total tank milage by any signifigant amount>

You're right. I filled it up on the sidestand. Then I sat on the bike and was only able to get another 2 tenths in. Took a nice long ride cruising the interstate at about 85mph and the light came on 163 miles. Checked the brakes, again, and the rear one might be dragging a little.

The only other thing I can think of is last summer I had the valve clearances checked at the dealer. Is the service manual pretty straight forward and without any mistakes in it on valve inspection?

Thanks,

Mark