CBR1100XX.org Forum

Engine Knock When Warm & Rotten Eggs?

TechnoGecko

From my experience, the balance shafts will not cause a vibration when out of adjustment. The will only cause noise (rattling if loose, and whining if too tight). Even at it's worst it's not very audible, either.

i had to run a oil guage because the light is only about 5 psi to turn off

damaged two cranks and rods because of oil sloshing away from pickup when i turn and stop with the short pan like the efr racing pan. he had me run his relief valve and tighter bearing clearances than stock and 100 psi and still killed one. had to build a baffel to dampen the slosh and install a canton oil accumlator on the third rebuild and have not had any trouble. elton says that number three rod can starve if you do wheelies or stoppies?????

been doing any showing off????

also run 20 50 oil

real was not any vibration......

,,,,,,but was when i had dirty injectors and a knock too?????

yes ,about 1 inch thick from block and billitt,but i could not use it cause i needed the oil cooling lines that his required to be plugged. so i cut a damaged pan and made the whole bottom flat and cut the pickup and the relief valve. the problem was the stock relief valve was to low psi and after the first damaged motor elton thought it was the problem.

he was real nice to have helped me do what i was doing. was refered by kent stotz, it is what he uses. main difference is i dont have gravity working to keep the oil in the pan with a quad layout. lateral g's not vertical.

stan